Hey guys!! I am back with another review for the Blogchatter Ebook Carnival. I have tried to pick three completely different books for the review program and each one is better than the other. So, here it goes…
Well! I am a writer/poet in the making and this one ought to an instinctive choice for a newbie like myself. Writing tips by a pro writer it said and I just grabbed it with both hands. It was really helpful and an awesome read.
About the Book: Writing Tools, 26 Tips on How to Improve Your Writing
This book sums up eighteen years of the author’s experience, her special tips and tricks which she learned over her long career and agreed to share with us with this beautiful book. Writing Tips explores writing, marketing, and social media knowledge and shortcuts, making you a better writer. Explore the alphabet of writing tools with her and improve your writing.
About the Author: Cheryl Sterling
Cheryl Sterling is an American author of several paranormal and contemporary romance novels and short stories. Her first novel, What Do You Say to a Naked Elf?, was a finalist in the TARA contest and was later sold to Leisure Books, an imprint of Dorchester Publishing. Cheryl is a co-founder and past president of Grand Rapids Region Writers Group in Grand Rapids, MI. She has conducted several workshops that focused on the writing craft and co-chaired their first “I’ve Always Wanted to Write a Book” regional conference. In her spare time (she’s retired, so there’s that, but she writes a lot, so, never mind), she reads. All genres (except suspense and horror because she reserves the right to mess with readers’ minds). She loves history (lots of ideas to steal borrow), sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal, Regencies (who knew so many eligible Dukes were around?), anything Doctor Who, and/or quantum entanglement. Her passion is learning and improving her craft, but mostly, she is a teacher. Cheryl currently lives in Phoenix with her husband and their cat, Coco Xena.
What I loved about the book:
- Stencil for writing any novel: It is exciting to see how you can use these tips for any novel of any genre. How to conceive and draft a book, its characters and how to go ahead with it. Yes, it tells you all. Well at least a lot and it is for free.
- The How to’s in addition to the whats of marketing your book: This book not only lists the portals to catapult your work but also gives the how to guides to do so. And you will not miss out on any step.
- A step ahead: We all know that facebook, pinterest, goodreads etc are great tools for marketing but this book takes it an edge further with some advanced tips to tap their maximum potentials.
- All work no play: So it is basically a how to guide with more info and no crap.
- If you are a writer in the making you will find more than many ways to use this one to excel in your writing career.
- My sincerest thanks to the author for sharing this with us and hope that I can make the best use of it.
Verdict: 4/5. A budding writer’s lamp with a genie…
Check out all the books hosted on the Blogchatter Ebook carnival and pick your favorites.
These books are also available on Goodreads, grab your copy now and immerse in the virtual world of books.